The Housing department is responsible for ensuring housing needs within the district are met. This means finding ways to provide affordable housing for those who need it, working to improve conditions within the private sector, services for older and vulnerable people, providing a wide range of free information and confidential advice on housing related issues and managing the Council's stock of rented housing.
- Council housing
- Housing allocations
- Care & Repair and Handyperson Scheme
- Centres for older persons
- Disabled adaptations & disabled facilities grants
- Housing strategy
- Provision of new affordable council and housing association homes
- Emergency alarm system for elderly and disabled people
- Private sector housing conditions, including repair and improvement grants
The Chief Housing Officer is Jayne Godden-Miller.