Committees, agenda and minutes
The eight main committees on which councillors sit and that carry out the detailed business of the council, are:
- Community Services - refuse & recycling collection, environmental health, leisure, parks & open spaces, regulation of taxis, public toilets, street cleaning and other amenity services.
- Housing - council housing, private sector housing conditions, provision of affordable housing and certain community care functions.
- Licensing - determination of applications for licences relating to entertainment, sale of alcohol, gambling, street collections and certain other activities.
- Overview & Scrutiny - consideration of audit reports, performance monitoring and scrutinising the Tandridge Community Safety Partnership.
- Planning - determination of planning applications and enforcement action in response to breaches of development control.
- Planning Policy - preparation and review of Local Development Documents and other aspects of planning policy to influence and control the development and use of land.
- Resources - financial, risk management and IT strategies, governance regimes, asset management, staffing issues and electoral matters.
- Standards - councillors' code of conduct.
These committees can make decisions on certain matters or make recommendations to the full Council.
Agendas and minutes
Council agendas and minutes are published online - click on the relevant committee name and on a meeting date to view them. They are also available at our offices and local libraries.
Attending a council meeting
If you wish to speak at Planning Committees about a particular planning application you must follow specific arrangements.