All paper junk mail can go in your blue lidded mixed recycling bin or recycling sacks. Here are some ways you can reduce the junk mail you receive:
- Be careful about what information you give out e.g. your address, in competition entries.
- Contact each company directly to stop mail.
- Sign up with the Mailing Preference Society to stop unsolicited mail. Go online to register.
- Use Royal Mail’s opt-out service to stop receiving unaddressed mail. Email or write to Freepost RRBT-ZBXB-TTTS, Kingsmead House, Oxpens Road, Oxford, OX1 1RX.
- Put a ‘no free newspapers or junk mail’ sticker on your letterbox.
If you are bothered by unwanted telephone calls, register with the Telephone Preference Society by calling 0845 070 0707.