Frequently asked questions
- What do I need planning permission for?
- Do I need planning permission for a crossover or access?
- Do I need planning permission to run a business from home?
- Where can I find out about householder permitted development rights?
- Can you give me advice as a prospective purchaser?
Making a planning application
- How do I get planning permission?
- How much does it cost?
- What happens once I have sent in my application?
Commenting on an application
- Who do you consult about applications?
- Why I have or have not received a letter about a proposed development?
- What can I do if I have concerns about a planning application and what happens to comments I make?
- What else should I consider?
- How else can I get involved?
Making a decision
- What matters are considered in reaching a decision?
- How long does it take before a decision is made?
- If my application goes to committee what happens? Can I speak in support of or against an application?
- If permission is given, what happens next?
- If permission is not given, what can I do?
- What if I disagree with the Council's decision?
- Driveways, hard surfacing and dropped kerbs
- Householder permitted development rights
- Householders Guide
- Business Guide
- Farmers Guide
- Disability rights commission