Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

Private Sector Access Scheme

We have a Private Sector Access Scheme (PSAS) for families in need of urgent housing. New properties are always needed, particularly two and three bed properties. There are many families who need accommodation now.

We have produced guidance leaflets for both tenants and landlords that are interested in learning more about the scheme.

If are a landlord that wishes to offer a property that may be suitable, please complete the PSAS Online Form, contact the Private Rented Sector Officer on 01883 732821, or e-mail homelessness.  

To join the scheme you will need to ensure any gas appliances in the property have been serviced and checked for safety by a Gas Safe registered installer, who will provide you with a Gas Safe Landlord Certificate. You will also need an Energy Performance Certificate and may also need an Electrical Safety Certificate (NICEIC).

More information

You can get more information about private renting through the website. 

You can find the Local Housing Allowance rate in your area through the LHA Search website.