Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

Adaptations for disabled tenants

Access ramp

If you are a tenant of Tandridge District Council and an Occupational Therapist recommends adaptations to help you continue to live in your home, you may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant to fund the cost of works.

These grants are means tested and can sometimes be supplemented by additional funding from Social Services. Works typically include providing stair-lifts, bathroom adaptation, ramps, and grab rails in the home. To qualify, clients must be assessed as being in a "high need" category by an Occupational Therapist.

This is a means tested grant. Before we can proceed, you may need to provide details of your financial situation by completing a Preliminary Test of Resources Form.

Our housing team can help to guide people through the application process, as well as project managing grant funded works.