Skip to content
Home page
Site map
A-Z of services
Feedback form
List of access keys

Difficulty paying your rent?


Worried couple looking at bills

Sometimes paying your rent can become difficult.  Please call your Housing Manager as soon as possible if you are having problems.

We will work with you to reach a realistic agreement to pay off any arrears, taking into account your income and spending on essential items. Our policy is to adopt a firm but fair approach to recovering unpaid rent. If you don’t pay your rent and arrears, you could be evicted from your home.

As a council tenant you can also receive help with budgeting from the Money Advice Officer.