Housing and tenancy fraud
Housing fraud is a crime and deprives people in genuine need of a home.
Tenancy fraud includes:
- Moving out of social housing and renting it to someone else (sub-letting).
- Moving out of social housing and leaving it empty.
- Obtaining social housing through deception, by making a fraudulent application.
- Fraudulent applications to obtain rights to remain in a property, after the current tenant dies.
- Illegally assigning a social housing application to someone else.
- Taking (or making) a payment for a mutual exchange.
Anyone with information or suspicions about tenancy fraud can call Tandridge District Council on 01883 732993, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.